Choose any Angelina Ballerina or Kinderjazz class along with any preschool music class for the same student and receive a discount.
This class combines the basics of dance along with the basics of music. Many concepts in both music and dance such as rhythm, expression and listening skills complement each other and this combination of classes help the child develop stronger skills in both music and dancing. This class is taught by 2 instructors – one a specialist in dance and the other a music instructor specializing in preschool music. The individual components of each portion are identical to taking preschool music or preschool dance as their own separate classes. Simply choose one preschool music class and one Angelina Ballerina or Kinderjazz class.
In the music part of the class students will:
- Enjoy lots of singing to teach many musical concepts
- Learn about rhythm with games and percussion instruments
- Learn about the instruments in the orchestra
- Learn basic note and music notation recognition
In the dance part of the class students will:
- Learn basic dance steps
- Work on creative movement
- Work on sequencing
- Learn a dance routine and be part of the year end dance recital